script type='text/javascript' src='http://track2.mybloglog.com/js/jsserv.php?mblID=2006083115370773'>

Monday, March 14, 2016

Audio program deepens a religion of one's own

On his Facebook page for A Religion of One's Own, Thomas Moore writes:
"I consider A Religion of One's Own one of my major books, along with Care of the Soul and Dark Nights of the Soul. Some people are apparently turned off by the word "religion," as though I were propping up failed institutions. A Russian man I met last October told me I had to use the word "religion," because the book is a re-working of that idea. I wonder if the book is a little ahead of its time, since people everywhere are looking for an alternative to religion as they've known it but can't imagine going out on their own. I'm almost finished listening to the audio program from Sounds True, A Personal Spirituality. I find that it fills in what is unspoken, unwritten in the book."