script type='text/javascript' src='http://track2.mybloglog.com/js/jsserv.php?mblID=2006083115370773'>

Saturday, February 06, 2016

Contemplative study is a main feature of soul work

Spirituality & Health offers Rabbi Rami Shapiro's Essential Conversations podcast uploaded 3 February, 2016: "The Shift in Spirituality with Thomas Moore". Moore shares ideas in his recent book, A Religion of One's Own: A Guide to Creating a Personal Spirituality in a Secular World. Listen to this 20 minute audio file now.

Thomas Moore's new website: thomasmooresoul.com
Thomas Moore's Twitter feed: @thomasmooreSoul

Read Thomas Moore's column from the 2012 September-October issue of Spirituality & Health magazine: "The Spiritual Practice of Study". He writes, "In my spiritual life, study is perhaps my most important practice. It’s my way of remaining a monk. And I’m worried that it isn’t more widely prized and practiced. If there is one thing I find lacking in the spirituality I come across in my travels, it’s a studied intelligence and sharp wit about things of the spirit."