script type='text/javascript' src='http://track2.mybloglog.com/js/jsserv.php?mblID=2006083115370773'>

Saturday, September 16, 2017

Is Demeter/Persephone myth a feature of aging?

Thomas Moore discusses this theme further in his recent Soul and Spirit blog on Patheos under the heading, "Aging is a Deep Initiation":
"In my book I write about melancholy and sadness as a natural part of the aging process, distinguishing it from depression. My dream makes me wonder if there is, though, a Demeter kind of depression that comes along with the loss of the young girl psyche, my own innocence and purity of heart. Is this a deep part of aging, too: the Demeter/Persephone myth making its appearance in a life, signaling a difficult and painful deepening of character?"
Moore's new book Ageless Soul, published by St. Martin's Press, ships Tuesday 10 Oct. Pre-order it now to receive the first edition.