script type='text/javascript' src='http://track2.mybloglog.com/js/jsserv.php?mblID=2006083115370773'>

Monday, July 10, 2017

Draw on your experience and speak with maturity

Thomas Moore writes the Foreword for Andrea Mathews' new book Letting Go of Good: Dispel the Myth of Goodness to Find Your Genuine Self, available 8 August 2017. At the beginning of it Moore writes,
"I grew up in an Irish-Catholic family in the 1940s, and then in the '50s, at thirteen I went off to a Catholic seminary with the idea of becoming a priest. I developed the biggest 'good boy' complex imaginable. Andrea Mathews has done a remarkable job describing this complex, which she defines as a good-guy identity, exploring its many facets, and offering guidance on working with and healing it."

He includes, "Today if someone were to ask me, 'Are you a good person?' I'd have to say, 'I used to try to be, but now I want to be more complicated and real.'"

Letting Go of Good:
Dispel the Myth of Goodness to Find Your Genuine Self
by Andrea Mathews
Foreword by Thomas Moore
Paperback: 288 pages
Publisher: Llewellyn Publications
Release: August 8, 2017
ISBN-10: 0738752231
ISBN-13: 978-0738752235